It was some time ago that the staff here in the office came to me with information regarding a growing trend among churches. It was that in order to make giving as convenient as possible for the giver, many churches were enabling people to make donations via text. I must admit that at first this seemed a little farfetched to me, but we were able to initiate this process in 2015. Since then, I have been amazed when I have received the reports that come my way. Particularly in 2017, we saw a surge in giving through this process.
We more than doubled our gifts via text as we compare 2017 and 2016, and it seems to be continuing to grow. So this article comes to you to say, “Thank you,” as well as to explain how this method can be accessed by those of you who may not be aware of this opportunity.
Here is the text giving process…
- In your texting app, enter “73256” in the “To” box and “Quail” in the “Message” box.
- You will be sent to a secure site where you will enter your donation amount.
- The first time only, you will also be asked for your credit/debit card information.
- Touch the “Give” button and the transaction is complete.
- You will receive a text confirmation and an email receipt for your donation.
This is just one more way that we are able to demonstrate our generosity toward, and involvement in, all that the Lord is doing here at Quail.