The health ministry team exists to provide awareness and resources for spiritual, medical, and educational health needs of our church body and the community. We believe God is concerned about our health in every aspect—spiritual, physical, mental, emotional, and relational. Therefore, we see the need to promote health and wellness in a broad spectrum of ways.
Here are some of the things the Quail Health Ministry Team organizes:
- Pre- and post-hospital calls to make sure your needs are being met, and to let you know what our caring ministries provide.
- Health education classes and seminars with guest speakers.
- Loaning of medical equipment (e.g., walkers, ice machines, wheelchairs, crutches, bed pans, shower chairs).
- Light exercise classes on Tuesdays and Thursdays @ 10:45-12:00 pm in Room A-117.
- Blood pressure checks every fifth Sunday (in the courtyard or Room A-112 in case of inclement weather).
- Occasional blood drives.
- First Aid stations at outreach events.
- Training in use of defibrillators (AEDs) that are placed in each of our three campus buildings.
- Hand sanitizing stations throughout the campus.
- What we don’t do: Provide medical and legal advice, formal diagnoses, or treatment for medical conditions.